INTERNATIONAL PIONEERS SCHOOL (IPS) is a co-educational international school that teaches students from ages 3 to 16+ (Kindergarten through Year 13) and leading to Cambridge IGCSE and further to Cambridge AS/A Level examinations. Our Curriculum is based on the British National Curriculum and adapted to meet the needs of local and overseas students. We have 450 students from over 15 nationalities.
At IPS, we aim to provide a welcoming, caring and supportive environment where all individuals are valued equally and where true respect for each other and ourselves is nurtured. The overall strategy and ethos of the school is derived from our aims.
THE SCHOOL AIMS:
- To encourage and develop lively and enquiring young minds. With the ability to question and argue rationally and coherently in way appropriate to their age, level and ability.
- To provide a balanced curriculum where academic, spiritual and social skills are enhanced and so contribute to the development of a well-rounded personality.
- To help children acquire knowledge and skills relevant to life in a fast changing world.
- To develop an awareness in each child of their own sense of unique worth as well as to appreciate the value of that same worth in others.
- To develop and implement an equal opportunities policy.
- To encourage co-operation, sensitivity, and an appreciation for the diversity of races, religions and ways of life that exist, engendering in every child a tolerance, understanding and deep respect for all.
- In effect, IPS aims to pioneer an education for our children which promotes and delivers both innovation as well as quality. We seek with our children to explore the skills, attitudes and moral issues that make up every day life. These are developed in such a way as to encourage our children to become fully responsible, mature and active members of society, capable of achieving as much independence as possible, with an ability to take decisions for them.
MISSION & VISION
The school’s mission is to encourage and inspire every child in our care to become pioneers, to launch themselves on a journey of discovery, into their own being and the universe they are a part of, thus raising self-awareness, and nurturing a love of learning and knowledge that will benefit the students for the rest of their lives.
- At IPS we believe in educating the whole child – physically, socially, and spiritually.
- At IPS we believe that learning is a lifelong process. We live to learn, then learn to live. The love of learning develops in young minds. So, at IPS we begin with the child. As an international learning centre we pride ourselves in providing a caring and intellectually stimulating environment where high quality and standards are delivered in a variety of learning styles and formats. This allows us to meet the demands of each child, with his or her unique combination of needs, traditions, culture, potential and abilities. At IPS the school is able to play a crucial role in creating the right learning environment, which is creative and positive enough to allow these diversities to flourish, and the principle of equal opportunity to be upheld.
- At IPS we believe in using a broad yet balanced curriculum to maximize growth in every child as academic, physical, social and spiritual beings. This balanced and holistic approach helps us to foster critical and creative thinking and thereby foster a spirit of free inquiry.
- At IPS we believe in developing a mutual respect and concern in every child not just for one another, but also for the world as well. Caring for their physical environment, nurturing responsibility for all living things is we believe an excellent preparation for the challenges of living in society.